12.12.2011

Enemy of the Best

I officially finished my design projects today. I'm exhausted, and potentially am coming down with an illness. Most likely from stress and lack of sleep. It feels so good to be one day closer to Christmas despite the fact that I have about 1/2 a person bought for. It's been a lovely day though; very sunny and warm. I find the sun gives me joy. I also watched Melancholia last night. The end caused me to stare at a wall for a solid 15 minutes. Only great movies do that to me. I feel as though it's the same as a good book, when it creates you to view the world in a different light it's a brilliant film.
...

...
You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically – to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside. The enemy of the ‘best’ is often the ‘good.’
-Stephen Cove
...

...
Dilly - Band of Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment