2.18.2010

May As Well Enjoy the Scenery

Optimist: A man who gets treed by a lion but enjoys the scenery.
-Walter Winchell

I say, lets be optimists today. The only day we have is today, may as well be a good one. If you're a pessimist then things are just gray and ugly. But if you force yourself enough the sky can turn blue. Even if the sky is pretty nasty looking, may as well enjoy the scenery.

...........

...........

I've recently decided that i need to read more books. Good books though. Not this pop-culture crap that comes out these days. I want the real stuff, the real literature that's changed lives.

I feel like that i would at least be a bit more well rounded as an individual. I feel like my horizons are the size of a shoebox. I want them to at least be the size of a refrigerator box. And i feel as though books can help me to expand the walls of knowledge within my shoebox.

So today, lets be knowledgeable optimists. God gives us only one day, and that day is today. But i suppose it's better said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment